Phone# : 1-416-907-4219
1 2 3 4

Family Class Sponsorship

The Government of Canada knows how important it is to reunite families who come from other countries. A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, can sponsor a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative (such as a parent or grandparent) to become a permanent resident.

The sponsor is responsible for supporting the relative financially when he or she arrives. As a sponsor, you must make sure your spouse or relative does not need to seek financial assistance from the Government.

There are two types of family sponsorship.

Spouse And Dependent Children Sponsorship

A Canadian citizen or permanent resident may sponsor his or her spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, or dependent children, to come to Canada as permanent residents. Applicants for permanent residence must go through medical, criminal and background screening. An applicant with a criminal record may not be allowed to enter Canada. People who pose a risk to Canada´s security are also not allowed to enter Canada. Applicants may have to provide a certificate from police authorities in their home country.

To be a sponsor:

Eligible Relatives For Sponsorship

Your relative may be able to come to Canada as a permanent resident. If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your relative under the Family Class program however you must meet certain income requirements.

You can sponsor:



Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship

Another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions

Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).

2023 Best Care Immigration Consulting. All rights reserved.
Website Designed & Maintained by